[Project_owners] Who wants to support Link Fingerprinting?

Ezequiel Calderara ezechico at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:29:47 PDT 2007

A better way to doing this, would be implementing an attribute to the anchor
tag <a> <http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html> i think that it
would be more convenient.

just because it's transparent for the user, and the url would be shorter!.

On 7/10/07, Frederik Vanderstraeten <frederik_vanderstraeten at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> It has multiple uses: you can safely point to an executable on another
> site without having to trust the other site, or you can put your files
> on a mirror without having to trust the mirror.
>
> Ezequiel Calderara schreef:
> > I'm sorry, i got it... the idea it's that the client should know the
> > hash before download it. But i see no sense here, except to download an
> > specified version of a file.
> > You should update every link that point to your file in case you update
> it.
> >
> > I don't know, i really don't understand the use of it...
> >
> > On 7/10/07, *Ezequiel Calderara* <ezechico at gmail.com
> > <mailto:ezechico at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     mmm i don't know much, and i don't know if i understood it
> clearly...
> >
> >     But isn't easier to use an Http-Header with the hash... it could
> >     work for every document, files, images even webpages.
> >
> >     I don't know if it exists, but if it's implemented or exists it
> >     would be much useful than having even more long urls...
> >
> >     well, it's just an opinion.
> >

> >     On 7/10/07, *Benoit Renard, msnmsgr* < myfirstnamehere at gawab.com
> >     <mailto:myfirstnamehere at gawab.com> > wrote:
> >
> >         > Gervase Markham's (Mozilla Corporation) proposal
> >
> >         For future reference, I'd like to note that Gerv is an employee
> >         of the
> >         Mozilla /Foundation/.
> >

> >     --
> >     ______