[Project_owners] Some road map questions / suggestions...

eric.jung at yahoo.com eric.jung at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 15:19:41 PDT 2007

From: Asheesh Laroia <friedfox.mozdev at asheesh.org>

>>I've heard good things about http://bbpress.org/ and http://getvanilla.com/ for PHP-based forum software.

Asheesh, those packages require hosting.

From: Benoit Renard
>What about RunBoard? It's pretty good.

Never heard of it; maybe it wasn't around when 2-3 years ago when I needed forum hosting? Maybe it was around and my extensive research into the topic of free forum hosting didn't find it. I'll look at it for future projects because I'm less-than-satisfied with InvisionFree, primarily because email notification is not reliable (I've since learned this is a general problem with Invision Power Board and not specific to InvisionFree's hosting of IPB).

Thanks, Benoit!