[Project_owners] Who wants to support Link Fingerprinting?

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Tue Jul 10 11:45:07 PDT 2007

eric.jung at yahoo.com wrote:
>> Do you agree that *if* your project is the only one, or part of a small
>> group that not support/use link fingerprinting, that your users might
>> see this as a weak point?  Wouldn't that, eventually, make people
>> believe that you don't care, or that your work is not so safe after all?
>>  Might be a risk to install?
>
> Why haven't they been picked up by a non-partisan standards organization (e.g., IEEE, ISO, W3C, OASIS, etc)? Has Gerv proposed an RFC or similar document? All I know about is http://www.gerv.net/security/link-fingerprints/

Oh, but it's that a standards body? G.E.R.V. - the General Enterprise
Resource Validation at gerv.net, sometimes represented by the General
Enterprise Resource Validation, Application and Security Entity (GERVASE)?

Soory, couldn't hold myself ;-)

Robert Kaiser