[Project_owners] Who wants to support Link Fingerprinting?

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 13:31:04 PDT 2007

Hi,

We have a lot of projects over at mozdev.org, and I was wondering if you
know about link fingerprinting already, what it can do and what not.
Would you like to use it, yes or no?

We asked 500 companies, and only 2 even heared of it, none of them plan
to invest in Gervase Markham's (Mozilla Corporation) proposal because
they just look at it as another marketing tool to level the browser war
a notch up (not mine words).

Do you agree that *if* your project is the only one, or part of a small
group that not support/use link fingerprinting, that your users might
see this as a weak point?  Wouldn't that, eventually, make people
believe that you don't care, or that your work is not so safe after all?
  Might be a risk to install?

My personal opinion is that link fingerprinting can help (no Gervase,
we're not the against it) if implemented right, not by deleting my
downloads, by default, after the download has finished!

But what do you think?

--
Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
- MultiZilla Project Team Lead