[Project_owners] Mailman statistics

eric.jung at yahoo.com eric.jung at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 08:12:34 PDT 2007

Doug, I was thinking about how to stats from Mailman. If mailman indeed lacks an API from which stats can be pulled, you could roll-your-own stats generator by subscribing an automated mailbox to the mailing lists. A process can periodically poll the mailbox, parse received emails, and insert appropriate database rows into a statistics database table. The same table can be queried by a web front-end to display stats for a given mailing list. Seems like a pain in the butt, but in the absence of a mailman API, perhaps it's the only way.