[Project_owners] Accessing locale strings

Pete sneakypete81 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:46:05 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm having trouble accessing strings in my locale folders under
certain circumstances:
* When inside a "load" event listener
* When inside a "setInterval" callback

I'm guessing that the problem is to do with "document" not being
defined in these circumstances. Can anyone recommend a way of getting
access to the locale strings in these cases? I've tried a few things
with nsIWindowMediate, but with no luck.

Example below:

window.addEventListener("load", loadStatusbar, false);

function loadStatusbar()
{
    var str = document.getElementById("updatescanStrings");
    var alertOneChange = str.getString("alertMessage");
// Causes error "str has no properties"
}

Thanks,
Pete