[Project_owners] Opening links in tabs

Jan Wrobel wrobel at blues.ath.cx
Tue Feb 13 15:35:41 PST 2007

Hi,

I have some links in my extension window that I want to be opened in
new Firefox tabs when user clicks on them. I use following code:
var wm =
Components.classes["@mozilla.org/appshell/window-mediator;1"].
      getService(Components.interfaces.nsIWindowMediator);
var win = wm.getMostRecentWindow("navigator:browser");
win.gBrowser.selectedTab = win.gBrowser.addTab(url);

It works fine except that my extension window hides under Firefox
window when link is clicked and I want it to stay on top. I've
found few extensions that open links exactly in a way I want, but I
can't find any difference in a javascript or xul source code that is
responsible for this behaviour.

Do you know how to solve this problem?

Cheers,
Jan