[Project_owners] comunicating with the extension

Nickolay Ponomarev asqueella at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 13:36:42 PST 2007

Note that you lose the XPCNativeWrappers protection when using this
method (i.e. the page can pass an arbitrary JS object to your
observer), which is definitely not recommended thing to do. Especially
since with this method you can't tell what page the notification
originated from (which may be quite bad on its own).

Also I don't see the point - why would one need this instead of the
simpler and more safe solution relying on the DOM?

Nickolay