[Project_owners] Textbox with custom autocomplete

David Murray lid2000 at aanet.com.au
Fri Feb 2 21:49:04 PST 2007

So I've got an autocomplete textbox, and I wish for it to have a
drop-down under it that contains all the values in the array that match
what has currently been typed. Seems simple enough, right? Unfortunately
I can't figure out how to get the autocomplete to actually...
autocomplete. According to the internets, I need to create a custom
autocomplete search component, which is where I'm stuck. There appears
to be no documentation whatsoever anywhere on making custom autocomplete
search objects - all the autocomplete examples just say "yeah stick
'history' in here and it'll search history, and that is where this
documentation ends." Any questions that I have found previously asked on
the net have no useful replies. Surely someone has tried to do a custom
search before?

David.