[Project_owners] [Fwd: Getting mozdev.org Off Of Comcast's Email Blacklist]

David White whitedavidp at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 11:40:39 PST 2007

Perhaps there is someone out there who can help with this?

I am writing a small PHP page which I hope to host on my project's
mozdev site (Thunderbirdbiff). It's purpose is to help validate that a
given email address is, in fact, valid on the smtp server from the
email's domain. As such, the routine finds the MX servers for the
domain
and opens a socket on those servers at port 25. Then a partial SMTP
conversation occurs over the port to confirm that the email address'
user is known.

When I open the socket trying to connect to the Comcast.net network, I
get an SMTP error which basically says that they have blacklisted
mozdev.org (140.211.166.81) as they think it is a source of SPAM. They
direct me to the following page
<http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=SecurityMail_Policy18628>
which details the error condition and provides links to start the
process of removing the IP from the blacklist.

I wonder if someone out there reading this is a sys admin type who can
get this process rolling? I really doubt that mozdev.org originates
SPAM.

Thanks,

David