[Project_owners] feed:// URLs?

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 09:18:12 PST 2007

Eric H. Jung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are feed:// URLs supposed to be handled internally by firefox and not result in a new HTTP request
> when followed? If so, how are feed URLs generated (I don't see websites using them AFAIK).
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

No, because feed: is nothing, not a registered protocol/scheme, and it
is also dead wrong (that is also why nobody is working on the draft
proposal since 2003) because things like:

feed://https://some.thing.com/feed.rss

is not transparent to end users/something people are expecting ;)

--
Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
- MultiZilla Project Team Lead