[Project_owners] Should mozdev.org generate an updates.rdf file for our projects?

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 14:18:22 PST 2007

Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> I'm basically just trying to think about a couple different bugs I'm working
> on/coming up and see where they're leading.
>
> The bugs I've just finished track what files have recently been added to a
> project.
>
> One of the bugs I'm working on now tracks what applications a project works
> with.

Eh, how should this work?  And with 'applications' you refer to:
Flock, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape, SeaMonkey, XULRunner etc, right?

> An upcoming bug will verify an uploaded file with a hash (md5/sha1) so we can
> create InstallTrigger() links and install extensions securely.

Dynamically (for each time InstallTrigger is called) or after the CVS
commit?

> I'm thinking the next step is to generate an updates.rdf feed; we would only
> need to know how to group certain files together and what type of files they
> are (extension, theme, etc).
>
> Thoughts on this?
>
> -Doug

You are aware that updates.rdf can contain many different hash codes
(one for each supported application/platform)?

--
Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
- MultiZilla Project Team Lead