[Project_owners] Should mozdev.org generate an updates.rdf file for our projects?

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Thu Dec 6 12:53:13 PST 2007

I'm basically just trying to think about a couple different bugs I'm working
on/coming up and see where they're leading.

The bugs I've just finished track what files have recently been added to a
project.

One of the bugs I'm working on now tracks what applications a project works
with.

An upcoming bug will verify an uploaded file with a hash (md5/sha1) so we can
create InstallTrigger() links and install extensions securely.

I'm thinking the next step is to generate an updates.rdf feed; we would only
need to know how to group certain files together and what type of files they
are (extension, theme, etc).

Thoughts on this?

-Doug