[Project_owners] New download file RSS feed

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 09:36:52 PST 2007

Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> On Thursday 06 December 2007, Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla wrote:
>> Yes, or expect end-users to misuse this grace period; because they
>> prolly don't care, they just want the latest software yesterday ;)
>
> The main target audience for the CVS feed is other developers, not users.  The
> download feed is the opposite.

I understand this, and that is also why we disabled the CVS commit feed
for all pages but source.html but it won't stop end-users from using it.

> It might make sense to ignore the downloads folder for the CVS log feed now
> that there's another option for how to receive updates about it.
>
> -Doug

Either that or ask project owners not to expose the CVS commit feed link
in all documents (but source.html) and this way you limit the exposure
to a certain type of user i.e. developers.

--
Michael Vincent van Rantwijk
- MultiZilla Project Team Lead