[Project_owners] New Project Activity lists

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk, MultiZilla mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 02:38:51 PDT 2007

David Boswell wrote:
> We just made the new project activity lists live and these replace the
> previous Active, Inactive and Abandonded lists with New, Active and
> Inactive lists.  The main advantage to the new system is that projects
> that have been started but not touched by a project owner are no longer
> in among the list of truly active projects.
>
> The new lists are also set up as RSS feeds and they will send you a
> notification when your project is about to be moved from the Active to
> the Inactive lists.  If you disagree with how your project is currently
> listed, please send an email to webmaster at mozdev.org.

Looking great, but I would love to see some odd/even coloring; because
these lists are rather long and seem to use a smaller font size, no?

> I thought some of the stats from the new lists were interesting.  There
> are currently 1614 projects hosted on mozdev and

Impressive even ;)

> - 259 projects are active (they have had some activity in the last 180
> days)
>
> - 1001 projects are inactive (they have not had any activity in the
> last 180 days)

Will the project owners of these projects receive e-mails from now on?
I mean; that would be a great opportunity to ask them for additional
rights, project adoption ;)

Note: Hopefully not all of them will do a CVS commit just to get back on
the main train again :-)

> - 354 projects are new (they have not yet been worked on by their
> project owner (although the phrase ‘new project’ is misleading since
> some of these projects were started years ago.))

Change that in "Pending Projects" maybe?

> You can find these stats at
>
> http://www.mozdev.org/projects/stats.html
>
> You can find the different project listings at
>
> http://www.mozdev.org/projects/active.html
> http://www.mozdev.org/projects/inactive.html
> http://www.mozdev.org/projects/new.html

Nice work/coding Doug ;)