[Project_owners] New Adoption Policy proposal

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 13:33:16 PDT 2007

> But let me ask you this: "Why do you need to become the project owner
> in the first place, if you can work on any given Open Source project
> *without* the legal responsibilities that come along with it?"

I think the main issue here is that when a project is truly abandoned,
someone who would like to work on a project as a contributor can't
because there is no one to authorize that access.  This is just a
guess, but I would imagine that most people who have adopted an
abandoned project would have been happy to have been added as a
contributor instead if that had been an option.

David