[Project_owners] Adoption process and documentation license policy

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 12:52:38 PDT 2007

Due to recent events, the mozdev Board has recognized the need to
review the existing project adoption policy and create a formal public
document that describes how this process will work.  While looking into
this issue, we have also identified a need to clarify the site's policy
on documentation licensing.

Mozdev's current position is that while open source licenses must be
used for code, we have no express policy relating to licensing of
documentation.  The Board will review our policies and evaluate whether
we should require that documentation also be licensed under an open
source or creative commons license.

I will post more information about both of these issues as soon as more
information is available.  In the meantime, please feel free to contact
me if you have any questions or comments about either the adoption
process or documentation licensing policy.

David