[Project_owners] FireCom Console Application

Steve Parker steve at steve-parker.org
Fri Aug 10 15:50:18 PDT 2007

eric.jung at yahoo.com wrote:

> [...]
I think that Jussi meant that "cd.." is not semantically the same
command as "cd ..".   "cd.." could (under *nix) be a file:
/tmp/$ echo echo "Hello, World" > cd..
/tmp/$ chmod 755 cd..
/tmp/$ cd..
Hello, World
/tmp/$ cd ..
/$

"ls" is short of "list" - that is to say, "list files"

--
Steve Parker
http://steve-parker.org/sh/sh.shtml

This space intentionally has nothing but text explaining why this
space has nothing but text explaining that this space would otherwise
have been left blank, and would otherwise have been left blank.

v4sw5UCHhw5ln4pr6Pck2/5ma8u7$LSBw2DGm5g/l7ADLUSi2e6t4b8SRADHMen6g4r5p-6/-5 hackerkey.com