[Project_owners] Project takeover request

Ezequiel Calderara ezechico at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 07:59:38 PDT 2007

Scott, im saying that no one should take over a project that the owner
doesn't want to give.

Doesn't matter how dead the project is, but if the owner doesn't want to
give it, should be ok even if its GPL.

Why force to take over the project if you can create a new one. I see no
problem with projects who owners are missing (with missing i mean no way to
contact them or not reply after X days or weeks).

I hope i made myself clear :P.
My english is a little bit rusty.

Byez

On 8/3/07, Scott <sgrayban at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ezequiel Calderara wrote:
> >

> > On 8/2/07, *Scott* <sgrayban at gmail.com <mailto:sgrayban at gmail.com>>
> > wrote:
> >

> >     Charles Melhorn wrote:
> >     Not frustrating ---- some developers just don't care after while and
> >     that is why you should have passed it on to someone new that did
> care.
> >     We got it..... you own the original code and we all know what the
> GPL
> >     is.... You need to remember that as well when you want to merge in
> >     code
> >     from other forks too.
> >
> > I really don't know much about licenses and other stuff...
> > But why he has to handle the project if he doesn't wan't to.
> > I know it's GPL, its open and can be modified and all stuff...
> > But why handle the project?
> >
> > I think that's unnecessary, because you can get the code, modifiy it
> > and upload a new project based on the last one.
> > Some has less time to some stuff than others...
> >

> > --
> > ______
> > Ezequiel.
>
> I fail to understand your point here. Are you saying that no one should
> have the opportunity to continue a dead project just because its GPL? I
> know hundreds in the past that have been taken over after the
> developer(s) have long since disappeared. There is no reason to make the
> end-user suffer is there?
>
> -- Scott

______
Ezequiel.