[Project_owners] Project takeover request

massey massey at stlouis-shopper.com
Fri Aug 3 06:07:48 PDT 2007

Transferring ownership of a project should not be done lightly. If
someone really wants to pickup an unmaintained project then fork it and
try in good faith and over a period of time to contact the owners. If
after a length of time the owner(s) can't be found the fork could be
merged back in. Ofcourse I'm not talking about those projects that never
really started.

There does seem to need to be a way to cull dead/abandoned things
somehow. But then there is lots of code that is, if nothing else,
instructive in there. The email before changing project status is a
needed change, maybe my project will get off those lists ;)

Just my 2 cents.

Jim