[Project_owners] Project activity list reactivation emails

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Thu Aug 2 11:22:39 PDT 2007

We're in the process of redefining the project activity lists
(http://www.mozdev.org/projects/active.html) so that instead of
the "Active," "Inactive," and "Abandoned" lists we
have "Unstarted"/"New," "Active," and "Inactive".

The lists will be built based on a number of criteria instead of just the
commits to the 'www' directory for a project - initially it will be based on
any CVS activity as well as bugzilla activity.  We're trying to separate out
the "young" projects from the active list so it's more representative of
projects being actively developed as well as dropping the "abandoned"
category.

When a project moves from the active list to the inactive list there will be a
series of emails to give the projects a chance to stay on the active list
even if they're otherwise relatively inactive (no CVS activity, no bugs
worked).

My question to the project owners: should the reactivation emails be sent to
just the project owners, or also to a project's contributors?

The email is currently planned to be sent at 21 and 7 days before the project
becomes inactive, as well as when the project moves to the inactive list (3
emails total).  If people think these times or the quantity of emails should
be changed, let me know that as well.

We should point out that other than moving from one list to another, there
isn't any other repercussions of being marked "inactive."

Thanks for your help and insight.

-Doug