[Project_owners] Error reading preferences

eric.jung at yahoo.com eric.jung at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 11:08:51 PDT 2007

Is this code running inside an extension? If so, you'll have to sign the entire extension--not just a piece of javascript. The best "how to" on extension signing is by Pete:

https://www.mozdevgroup.com/docs/pete/Signing-an-XPI.html
with more detail, especially for Windows at:
http://forums.tjworld.net/viewtopic.php?p=210

I've been through the latter directions and never was able to get it work, even after getting a code-signing cert from Unizeto Certum.