[Project_owners] insertItemAt uncaught exception

Renato R. (RRaver) rraver.sp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 21:58:07 PDT 2007

Hi guys,

I'm trying to populate a listbox with some stored preferences but it
doesn't work if I use inserItemAt only if I use appendItem, but
appendItem is giving me a unordered list that changes its order
everytime it is populated, so I decided to use insertItemAt...

The code I am using is something like this...

            var signatures =
prefService.getBranch("").getChildList("myExt.signatures", {});

            for (var i in signatures) {
                signaturesList.insertItemAt(i,
myPref.getCharPref(signatures[i]) );
            }

and the error is

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIListBoxObject.getItemAtIndex]"
nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame ::
chrome://global/content/bindings/listbox.xml :: getItemAtIndex :: line
481"  data: no]

Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance

--