[Project_owners] What program do you use to extract the SeaMonkey source file?

Brian King brian at mozdev.org
Wed Apr 11 00:56:44 PDT 2007

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk wrote:

>> No, Cygwin, MSYS and Interix are different ways of running Unix tools on
>> a Windows platform.
>
> I currently don't use any of them, but I know what Cygwin is, but the
> others are new to me (time to do some reading).

Mozilla is moving away from using cygwin. They now provide a home-grown
MozillaBuildSetup, which is just a package of various tools the build
needs including MSYS. See:

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Windows_Build_Prerequisites

Also:
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.builds/browse_thread/thread/2601ed5a60ade366

I recently tried to build using the new package but failed (as you
already know Michael):
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.builds/browse_thread/thread/48cf39b25a684fb1

--
Brian King