[Project_owners] What program do you use to extract the SeaMonkey source file?

Neil neil at parkwaycc.co.uk
Wed Apr 4 08:42:51 PDT 2007

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk wrote:

> Do I need Cygwin for Linux and MS-Windows or only on the latter?

No, Cygwin, MSYS and Interix are different ways of running Unix tools on
a Windows platform.

> Are there any compilers that are supported by the build process *and*
> support dual or Intel CoreDuo2 processors?

I don't know of any compilers that can make use of multiple cores or
processors. However as I mentioned the build system can, although you
may want to tweak your MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS=-jN to whatever N works best for you.

> I now have 1GB RAM in my notebook, but that will be extended/replaced
> to support a RAM drive.  That should speed up everything, right?

If you're building debug then I wouldn't bother with a RAM drive. If
you're building opt then a RAM drive should make things really fly.