[Project_owners] What program do you use to extract the SeaMonkey source file?

Neil neil at parkwaycc.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 13:17:01 PDT 2007

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk wrote:

> Neil wrote:
>
>> Michael Vincent van Rantwijk wrote:
>>
>>> My father did it in 18 minutes, but I only have an Intel CoreDuo2
>>> equipped notebook available
>>
>> The big killer is debug gklayout.dll - even on modern hardware (P4
>> 3G, 512MB RAM) it takes over 10 minutes, but on crappy hardware (PIII
>> 733, 384MB RAM) you can link optimised gklayout in half the time.
>
> Is that the time it takes to compile gklayout.dll or everything?

Just gklayout.dll; I checked on a third machine (PIII 866, 512MB RAM)
and it links debug gklayout in 7 minutes and compiles depend in 56
minutes (note that depend is quite slow on Windows; when it was still
supported my Linux P4 1.2, 512MB RAM compiled depend in under half an
hour including checkout).