[Project_owners] Whatprogram do you use to extract the SeaMonkey source file?

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 08:26:10 PDT 2007

Nickolay Ponomarev wrote:
> On 4/3/07, Michael Vincent van Rantwijk <mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to extract the SeaMonkey source code from:
>> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/1.1.1/
>> and wonder what you use for it.
>>
>> There seems to be two files, one called:
>> *seamonkey-1.1.1.source.tar.bz2* and the other called:
>> *seamonkey-1.1.1.source.tar.gz* and I want to be able to extract them
>> both.
>>
> Not both, but any single one. Those are just two archive formats.

One is smaller i.e. has a better algorithm, but what I meant is that I
need an program for MS-Windows that is *capable* of extracting both
formats. I found 7zip via a link on devmo already, and use WinRAR but
that was way too slow.

> As for your question, you need to use the build documentation:
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Build_Documentation which links to
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Mozilla_Source_Code_(HTTP/FTP)#Unpack
>
>> So, what program do you and how long does it take to extract the .idl
>> only?
>>
> To extract a single file you can locate it on
> http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/ and add ?raw=1 to the end of the URL
> (e.g.
> http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.8/source/content/base/src/nsXMLHttpRequest.cpp?raw=1

Yeah I know, but I need all IDL files from the source for a project
assignment, and need to learn to compile SeaMonkey source a.s.a.p.

My father did it in 18 minutes, but I only have an Intel CoreDuo2
equipped notebook available ans this wonder how long that would
take...and I can't ask my father so I have to ask for info here.

Thanks,
Michael