[Project_owners] Whatprogram do you use to extract the SeaMonkey source file?

Michael Vincent van Rantwijk mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 08:16:16 PDT 2007

Nathan R. Yergler wrote:
> On 4/3/07, Michael Vincent van Rantwijk <mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to extract the SeaMonkey source code from:
>> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/1.1.1/
>> and wonder what you use for it.
>>
>> There seems to be two files, one called:
>> *seamonkey-1.1.1.source.tar.bz2* and the other called:
>> *seamonkey-1.1.1.source.tar.gz* and I want to be able to extract them
>> both.
>>
>> So, what program do you and how long does it take to extract the .idl
>> only?
>
> You can use the standard Unix utility tar for either;
>
> $ tar jxvf seamonkey... for the first
> $ tar zxvf seamoneky... for the second
>
> That will extract the entire source tree.  '

Thanks, I found that on devmo already, including 7zip as noted in my
second post.

> I'm not sure what you're asking with respect to time -- not hours, if
> that's what you're wondering.  Actual time will be dependent on your
> hardware.

If your system extracts the source file in let's say 5 minutes, then I
know how long it should take (aprox) for my system to compile the
source, this based on the time it took for my system to extract the
entire source package, which I did in 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Michael