[Project_owners] Whatprogram do you use to extract the SeaMonkey source file?

Nickolay Ponomarev asqueella at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 08:04:58 PDT 2007

On 4/3/07, Michael Vincent van Rantwijk <mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to extract the SeaMonkey source code from:
> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/1.1.1/
> and wonder what you use for it.
>
> There seems to be two files, one called:
> *seamonkey-1.1.1.source.tar.bz2* and the other called:
> *seamonkey-1.1.1.source.tar.gz* and I want to be able to extract them both.

Not both, but any single one. Those are just two archive formats.

As for your question, you need to use the build documentation:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Build_Documentation which links to
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Mozilla_Source_Code_(HTTP/FTP)#Unpack

> So, what program do you and how long does it take to extract the .idl only?

To extract a single file you can locate it on
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/ and add ?raw=1 to the end of the URL
(e.g. http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.8/source/content/base/src/nsXMLHttpRequest.cpp?raw=1
)

Nickolay