[Project_owners] Whatprogram do you use to extract the SeaMonkey source file?

Nathan R. Yergler nathan at yergler.net
Tue Apr 3 07:44:28 PDT 2007

On 4/3/07, Michael Vincent van Rantwijk <mv_van_rantwijk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to extract the SeaMonkey source code from:
> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/releases/1.1.1/
> and wonder what you use for it.
>
> There seems to be two files, one called:
> *seamonkey-1.1.1.source.tar.bz2* and the other called:
> *seamonkey-1.1.1.source.tar.gz* and I want to be able to extract them both.
>
> So, what program do you and how long does it take to extract the .idl only?

You can use the standard Unix utility tar for either;

$ tar jxvf seamonkey... for the first
$ tar zxvf seamoneky... for the second

That will extract the entire source tree.  '

I'm not sure what you're asking with respect to time -- not hours, if
that's what you're wondering.  Actual time will be dependent on your
hardware.