[Project_owners] Abandoned project -not

massey massey at stlouis-shopper.com
Thu Sep 28 16:26:22 EDT 2006

eric.jung at yahoo.com wrote:

> Re: "noise"... is it necessary to include projects on the abandoned
> list which haven't been touched in 5 years? I'm not suggesting to
> delete their CVS repository, but maybe move anything not touched in
> more than x years (3?) to a new section that isn't prominently
> displayed on the front page of mozdev -- "Archived|Dead Projects"

Well thats no good! My project page just points to the real project page
and I have no need to update whats on mozdev, not every six months, not
even every few years(so far anyway). Or are you saying that unless all
of your project is hosted at mozdev none of it can/should be? Maybe some
kind of automated email response system to check if the owner is keeping
his project alive or not before adding to the abandoned list. Removing
old unmainted stuff seems extereme since a wealth of code would be lost.

Jim