[Project_owners] Abandoned project -not

Pike pike-mozdev at kw.nl
Thu Sep 28 23:28:00 EDT 2006

Hi

eric.jung at yahoo.com wrote:
> Re: "noise"... is it necessary to include projects on the abandoned list
> which haven't been touched in 5 years? I'm not suggesting to delete
> their CVS repository, but maybe move anything not touched in more than x
> years (3?) to a new section that isn't prominently displayed on the
> front page of mozdev -- "Archived|Dead Projects"

Dead ?? Anything that hasn't been touched for 5 years
must be 100% bugfree ! Call that list "Finished Projects".

One way to avoid confusion, is have the process that
moves a project to the abandoned list (if there is such
a process), send mail to the admin saying it happened.
That is, if that process knows the emailaddress of the
admin. I have no clue how mozdev is organized, I'm afraid :-)

And then, a "click here to reactivate your project" link
would be real cool .. just dreaming ..

$2c,
*pike