[Project_owners] Abandoned project -not

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 11:18:50 EDT 2006

Note that there are well over 1000 projects hosted on the site.
Because of this it seems to me that we need to have some way to
categorize projects instead of just having one enormous list.

We have a project categories section that is manually updated, but this
is out of date precisely because it is manually updated.  One solution
to this is to have a community effort to update the category listings
to make sure they are current.

There may also be smarter ways to automate a process of classifying
projects, but I still think there is value in trying to do this.  If a
large percentage of projects are either inactive or were never started,
the signal to noise ratio would be very high with an unfiltered list.

David