[Project_owners] Abandoned project -not

eric.jung at yahoo.com eric.jung at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 10:20:51 EDT 2006

David,

The automatic move of project to the abandoned list based on CVS commits has caused a lot of consternation; this isn't the first (nor the last) time this discussion has come up.

I propose abandoning the abandoned project list altogether. Instead:

1. Change the link name from "Active Projects" to "MozDev Projects" (so as to avoid confusion with "Extenal Projects"
2. Rename http://www.mozdev.org/projects/active.html to http://www.mozdev.org/projects/mozdev.html or similar (i.e., get rid of all references to the words active/inactive/abandoned both in text and in links)
2. There's already a "Last Update" field on the projects page (http://www.mozdev.org/projects/active.html). If this isn't already populated from the last CVS commit, then change it so that is the date used in that field.

Thoughts?