[Project_owners] Google Browser Sync Settings extension (Aaron, you there?)

Aaron Boodman zboogs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 22:07:22 EDT 2006

GBS uses nsICommandLine to implement it's startup. We register a
command line with priority 'a' (the highest priority) and then
unregister the other command line handlers (including the browser)
temporarily while the setup wizard runs. Then we re-register the
original handlers and execute the original command.

It's on a todo list to remove this madness; but I hadn't planned to do
it for the next version.

Ways I can think of to get in before GBS:

* Try xpcom-startup? I think this should fire before the command line
handler stuff runs.
* Try using observer service and listening for the first domwindowopened topic?

- a