[Project_owners] Re: Getting the gecok version

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Sat Sep 23 14:49:45 EDT 2006

HJ van Rantwijk schrieb:
> Neil wrote:
>> SeaMonkey also has a XULAppInfo implementation.
>
> Ok, and how do we use it?  I can't find nsIXULAppInfo.idl in SeaMonkey.

Neil didn't say we have a separate definition of the interface (that
wouldn't make any sense), just that we have an implementation of it.
We're using the same IDL as everyone else, which happens to live in
toolkit/ somewhere.
The only reason why even our xpfe-based versions implement this is to
have the same interface there as toolkit apps, so extensions like
ChatZilla (which was the first consumer of it) can detect us, get the
used brand name, etc.

Robert Kaiser