[Project_owners] spammers on a project's mailinglist

Brian King brian at mozdev.org
Fri Sep 22 23:23:13 EDT 2006

pike wrote:
> Hello Project-owners
>
> are there other projects receiving spam on their mailinglist ?
> it started this week .. about 2,3 a day. ofcourse, they require
> approval so they don't get through, nevertheless, annoying ..
> did something change ?

*All* mozdev lists I moderate receive spam. Some hundreds per week.
However, some of these are lists with publicly published addresses, e.g.
feedback at .

Just guessing, I'd say the more popular/mature a project becomes, the
more spam the list receives.

--
Brian King
www.mozdev.org - free project hosting for the Mozilla community