[Project_owners] Reminder: Migration testing

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 17 13:16:12 EDT 2006

> Yes, for me it is.  Also, I have been away for quite a long time, so
> maybe I missed something, but why is this move planned?  Do we get
> forum support or anything else like that?

I understand that the link situation is less than ideal.  We've talked
this over among the admins and there isn't a good solution to this
since so many of these links are hard coded in the different project
repositories.  We'll talk over this again and see what we can do, but
please test as much as you can for now.

The migration will do two things for the community.  One is that it
frees up the current server to use as a development box.  This will let
us move forward on the various feature requests and enhancements that
we keep saying we want to work on.  Moving to OSUOSL will also lower
our hosting bills significantly (we'll still keep the development box
where it is now).  This will let us use more of our donation money to
pay for the part-time developers who are working on the new features.

David