[Project_owners] aedmonds@mindspring.com

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 22:07:09 EDT 2006

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 21:14:59 -0400, John Woods wrote:
> On 9/16/06, eric.jung at yahoo.com <eric.jung at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Just curious--how does signing an NDA exclude one from being a cook in the
>> [mozilla|mozdev|mozdev_project_owners] kitchen?

> good question. Andy stated it was the reason he was not able to contribute
> anymore, before finding new owners
> for the projects he startedd.

It's not a NDA. It's a condition in the standard MS employment contract
which states that employees are not allowed to even *look* at open
source code. This cropped up with another MS employee who wanted to open
source some code he wrote on his own time but this would mean that he
couldn't even look at his own code if he open sourced it, so at the
moment it's available only on a see-no-touch basis.

I believe that this condition doesn't apply to the folks in the MS open
source labs, but I could be wrong since MS has done far stranger things.

Phil
[ ]Do you feel Lucky, punk???
* TagZilla 0.059