[Project_owners] Editor content

Michael Buckley michael.buckley at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 13:23:29 EDT 2006

Thanks that is what I needed, though it put out \n\r were it should only
be \n  if you understand what I mean.  Easy enough to fix.  Here is what
my script looks like.

   var editor = document.getElementById('myEditor');

  var oldStr =
editor.getEditor(editor.contentWindow).outputToString("text/plain", 0);
    var findStr = '\n\r';
    var repStr = '';

    var srchNdx = 0;
    var newStr = '';
    while (oldStr.indexOf(findStr,srchNdx) != -1) {
        newStr  = oldStr.substring(srchNdx,oldStr.indexOf(findStr,srchNdx));
        newStr  = repStr;
        srchNdx = (oldStr.indexOf(findStr,srchNdx)   findStr.length   1);
    }
    newStr  = oldStr.substring(srchNdx,oldStr.length);

newStr being the text.