[Project_owners] Editor content

Michael Buckley michael.buckley at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 10 21:06:31 EDT 2006

I want to use an xul editor in my extension for text input, because a
textbox dose not allows for adding color to section of text for color
coding, like done in the view source window.

But my problem is getting the text out of the editor.  doc.textContent
returns all the text with out the line breaks.  doc.innerHTML returns
all the br tags and all the <> converted to &lt; &gt; and no line
breaks.  So how can this be done?  Thunder Bird appears to be able to do
this when a message is set a plain text so it must be possible.

Thanks very much for any help.
Michael

Search for local singles online @ Lavalife
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D23198&_t=751140432&_r=emailtaglines_search_aug06&_m=EXT