[Project_owners] Extensions using RDF and/or localstore

Myk Melez myk at melez.com
Tue Oct 31 04:55:55 PST 2006

Nickolay Ponomarev wrote:
> We do lack a newsgroup for various Toolkit functionality, storage
> included, which can be used from extensions, XULRunner applications,
> and internal code. Not that people ever post to the right group
> anyway.

No, they don't, sometimes even when they conscientiously research which
group to post in.  I suspect that the high number of specialized groups
hurts more than it helps.  My recommendation is for folks to congregate
in mozilla.dev.extensions and for us to have all of our Mozilla
development discussions there.

Then, if a topic generates a long sustained conversation or a question
doesn't get an answer, consider taking it to the most appropriate of the
specialized groups.

-myk