[Project_owners] Extensions using RDF and/or localstore

Karsten Düsterloh mnenhy at tprac.de
Mon Oct 30 14:50:19 PST 2006

Axel Hecht aber hob zu reden an und schrieb:
> I'd like to know which extensions make use of
>   - RDF

Mnenhy reads and writes RDF, both to modify the old-style chrome
registry (Mnenhy Chrome Manager) and to store custom data in custom rdf
files (mnenhy.rdf, mnenhy-folderstore.rdf).

>   - localstore.rdf besides xul persistance.

Mnenhy reads and writes localstore.rdf data to manipulate the XUL
persistance data *during runtime* to temporarily change MailNews display.

> If you do, or know an extension that does, I'd be thankful for a short
> description of what/how/why.

How? Custom RDF layer (mnenhy-rdf.js), XUL templates.
Why? For one, because Mozilla used it (chrome.rdf et al.). OTOH, because
large amounts of data don't really fit into e.g. the preferences system.

Karsten
--
Feel free to correct my English. :)