[Project_owners] addEventListener with "click" event

Thomas Reitmayr treitmayr at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 29 10:52:52 PST 2006

Hi,
starting with Firefox 2.0 "click" event handling of my extension (Checkyesss) stopped working. Basically there was no reaktion on clicks anymore. With the original code

  panel.addEventListener("click", this, false);

the object's handleEvent function should be called, i.e. it implements the nsIEventListener interface. This definitely worked with Firefox 1.5. Now I could reanimate the event by changing the above line to:

  panel.addEventListener("click", gCheckyesss.handleEvent, false);

BTW, catching "mouseover" and "mouseout" continued to function the nsIEventListener-way.
As I could not find an entry in Bugzilla, did anyone else experience this behavior?
Regards,
-Thomas