[Project_owners] RDF -> MozStorage

Neil Deakin enndeakin at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 1 20:11:45 PST 2006

HJ van Rantwijk wrote:

> Pike wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>

>>> but I will take my notebook along to change all
>>> MultiZilla code that uses RDF to the
>>> 'new mozstorage'
>>>
>> How serious is Mozilla in moving away from RDF ?
>> Is there a planning ? Should I start worrying ?
>>
>> scared,
>> *-pike

A couple of Mozilla developers have expressed an interest in moving away
from RDF, however they have been fairly quiet about such plans, haven't
publicly stated anything, nor come up with what would be used instead.

You can't use mozstorage with templates. I had originally planned on
adding such support but have since decided that making mozstorage work
directly with templates isn't a good idea.

/ Neil