[Project_owners] nsIBadCertListener from a Javascript addon

Tyler Close tyler.close at gmail.com
Mon May 29 14:27:30 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I develop the Petname Tool
<https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=957>.

I want to extend the Petname Tool to provide better usability for
sites that use self-signed certificates. In particular, I want to
prevent the "unknown issuer" dialog from being shown for sites that
the user has already assigned a petname to. The release notes for
Firefox 1.5 suggest that this might be possible by adding an
nsIBadCertListener that handles the unknown issuer notification.
Unfortunately, I haven't found any examples for using this interface
and an entire morning of guessing and trying things hasn't gotten me
anywhere. Can anyone provide some example code, or point me to someone
who can answer specific questions about using the interface from a
Javascript addon?

Thanks,
Tyler

--
The web-calculus is the union of REST and capability-based security:
http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/

Name your trusted sites to distinguish them from phishing sites.
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=957