[Project_owners] Call forHelp: Drag and Drop to sidebar

junkwarrior raahulsingh at gmail.com
Tue May 23 13:55:39 EDT 2006

Hi all,
 I'm trying to implement a functionality where you can drag and drop
images and link from html pages onto a region in the Firefox.(1.5.0.3)
sidebar
 Pretty much a newbie, I started with the tutorial on:
 http://crazylion.myweb.hinet.net/Xulplanet/Xulplanet/dragex.html

However, whenever I drop anything (from html pages loaded in the browser
) onto the Observer element and check dropdata.flavour.contentType, it
alway returns "text/unicode"  .  This happens  for not just links  but
also images where I would expect, say, "image/png".
Dropping links is returning the href and linked text, while images
return the URL and the ALT text.

While it is every bit possible to work with this data for displaying
images and links inside the observer , I would like to know *** if I'm
doing something stupid that might run the app down under some
situations***.

I've already appended "image/png", "image/gif", "application/x-moz-url"
etc. to the FlavourSet and a call to
session.isDataFlavorSupported("application/x-moz-url") etc returns true.

Regards,

-Rahul.