[Project_owners] cvsweb diff of uploaded files?

Alex Vincent ajvincent at gmail.com
Sat May 20 12:09:46 EDT 2006

> Can't the version they are editing just be a copy, and then all that
> would need to be done is a local 'diff -u' from the live version against
> the copy. This is presuming that the original lives in a flat chrome
> structure.

Generally speaking, yes - but the point I'm making is that the user
won't necessarily have diff installed on their system.  Besides, it's
known to be a bit hard for Mozilla to launch external processes and
get the results.  So either the client has to download the original
file and have a diff component written for it, or upload it to a
server-side script for the server to do the diff.
-- Alexander J. Vincent, June 30, 2001