[Project_owners] bookmarks-tree: SeaMonkey vs Firefox.

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Wed May 17 13:36:51 EDT 2006

Philip Chee schrieb:
> Since Places has been pushed back, is there any chance of backporting
> improvements made to bookmarks*.{xml|js|xul|cpp} from Firefox to
> SeaMonkey? I'm willing to open a bug and work on the xml|xul|js bits.

We probably should discuss that over in mozilla.dev.apps.seamonkey or
the bug itself - not sure if we want to pick up everything they have,
but surely being more compatible and picking up improvements is a good
thing.
IIRC, bookmarks code is not in toolkit/ but browser/ so we won't pick up
their code with suiterunner, our code will still be separate (but should
be moved to suite/ at some point). Having better compatible interfaces
is a good idea in the light of extensibility, and picking up some
improvements is always nice though :)

When you file that bug, please CC me on that one.

Robert Kaiser