[Project_owners] bookmarks-tree: SeaMonkey vs Firefox.

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Wed May 17 19:20:59 EDT 2006

On Wed, 17 May 2006 09:51:55 +0100, Neil wrote:

> I'd consider writing selectResource to do something along the lines of
> SelectFolder in msgMail3PaneWindow.js which uses a recursive helper
> function EnsureFolderIndex (although of course in that case the parent
> operation is trivial).

Nice. But I don't want to diverge too much from the aviary functions in
case we pick these up with SuiteRunner.

>>    var containerArc;
>>    while (arcsIn.hasMoreElements()) {
>>      containerArc = arcsIn.getNext();

> Nit: var containerArc = arcsIn.getNext();

I'm confused. Won't this redeclare containerArc on every loop within the

>>        return BMDS.GetSources(containerArc, aResource, true).getNext()
>>                   .QueryInterface(kRDFRSCIID);

> The original C++ translates to
> return BMDS.GetSource(containerArc, aResource, true);

I actually stole this bit of code from:

> [Note for the interested: due to the way XPConnect works it is not
> necessary to manually call containerArc.QueryInterface(kRDFRSCIID)
> because XPConnect will do that as part of preparing the function call.
> QueryInterface/instanceof are only necessary if you wish to invoke
> methods or get or set properties on the interface.]

I guess I'll leave it in in case I need it in the future.

Since Places has been pushed back, is there any chance of backporting
improvements made to bookmarks*.{xml|js|xul|cpp} from Firefox to
SeaMonkey? I'm willing to open a bug and work on the xml|xul|js bits.

Thanks Neil.

[ ]24 hours in a day and 24 beers in a case.  Hmmmm.....
* TagZilla 0.059